Thursday, March 18, 2010

Lately, I have been busy getting Defcon 2012 printed in the right format. I am also having to decide if I go overseas or stick around. It's a time for some change, and I want to do some documentaries.

I'm feeling a big antsy. Restless really. Right after the premiere and Oscar party, I had a massive falling out with a couple of girlfriends. One friend, I can see why I blew up at her and broke off. That had been brewing for a year, and I was tired of her hounding me on what I should and shouldn't eat or drink. I'm a red meat and beer drinking kind of girl, and she's really into the New Age health movement. We clash on too many levels. I also felt tension while around her, on guard, and my mind filled up too much with her presence. And, everything had to be on her terms, what movies we would see, what restaurants, etc. She always lent her rather blunt and outdated fashion opinions. She lived in a world full of fashion and food rules, and saw herself as an aristocrat, thus somehow better than the rest of humankind.

Sister, I have a bit of news for you. You and I are simply two members of the human race, a small part of six billion people!

My conclusion, is that in order to stay productive and creative, maybe I have to be tougher on toxic people. I think maybe that's what just happened. Maybe I was like a horse kicking, and kicking at toxic people.

I always encourage creative people to be very careful on who and what they spend their time with. The kind of people you hang out with is critical, and the wrong kind can fill up you head too much with trivial things, or distract you. If you have a great idea on a creative level, do what it takes to keep that creative idea, and bring it to realization!

Anyways, just some thoughts.





No comments:

Post a Comment